21 March, 2010

You are NOT ALONE & You are NOT THE ONLY ONE...

Being a coach and trainer has allowed me to meet many people with different personalities. It is interesting to observe how HUGE one's ego can be. We tend to always think that we suffer more than other people or we are busier than other people. It's amazing how people can come up with the most ingenious excuses to miss/skip training. To be fair, some are genuine but these individuals will usually ask what they have missed and what they can do to make up for the missed session. See the difference?

I have learnt over the years that no matter how sorry the state we are in, there is always someone else who somewhere in the world who is worse off that we have never met. I must say that most of us are very fortunate. I always have clients that tell me that they are busy and my reply is "me too". I have a busy schedule too... I have a business to run and I pretty much do everything from A to Z to get the business going. On top of that, I still find time to run and stay fit. Many would always use family as a reason, yes... warrant that you need to spend time with your family or friends but there are times when they are still asleep and you can make the sacrifice. Hence, I started my 530am classes so that people can spend time with families in the evenings. Do all of you spend 24/7 with your family? There is always some down time. It's how much effort you are willing to put in to make that time to take care of ourselves.

Like when training, yes... it can be uncomfortable and challenging but everyone is going through the same emotions and sensations. You are not alone!! Exercising can be difficult at the moment but you will get stronger from it. Understand that the discomfort or pain is only temporary but you get to enjoy the long term benefits of being healthier, stronger, fitter, faster, more endurance, etc (the list goes on). It is really about putting in the effort and challenging self. If you can only do 5 crunches this time round, aim to do 6 the next time. If you give up, then all is lost. It is about always fighting and facing up to your challenges no matter how daunting.

Honestly, it is not just about training or running... It is about how you face life. No matter what challenges you face and how tough it may be, you just pick yourself up and move on. If you allow yourself to be consumed then you are lost. Only you can choose to want to help yourself. If you need support or help from others, ask! Like a saying I once read, "It is about how your treat life, not how life is treating you." Get it? Don't be a victim but a MASTER of life! YOUR LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment