16 May, 2010

Making A Difference

I am always thankful and honored that the Fifth Ray runners trust me enough to work with them to find a solution for their pre-existing injuries and/or marathon nutritional plan. It can be very challenging at times as everyone is unique and adapts differently to any given solution. It truly challenges me and creates an opportunity where I have to rise to help them solve the challenges they face. It does force me to widen my knowledge and integrate what I know with my practical experiences to have my runners/athletes run injury-free and experience a race of their lifetime. I do work with trusted colleagues and professionals so I know that when I am unable to personally solve the problem, I am able to refer them to someone who can.

Today was an exciting day as we managed to 'solve' four runners' challenges. I am very pleased that we managed to eliminate one runner's ITB syndrome and he completed his 15km run with no pain!! Yippie!! =o) Another runner has had problems with her nutritional plan for long runs for some time now. We have been experimenting a few things in the last few weeks and we implemented a plan for her today and for the most part it worked. The plan just needs some tweaking and I think we have the right nutritional plan for her =o) One of the runners sprained her ankle quite badly a few weeks ago and we have managed to have her nurse it back to complete a 15km run fairly comfortably too =o) Isn't it exciting? For me it is! A foot pain/problem has plagued on of the runners for quite some months now and we have tried everything. Then it occurred to me to refer her to a chiropractor whom I've been working closely with for a few of the runners and she ran 20km without any pain =o) I am so excited and relieved for all of them. Isn't it wonderful? Sorry for the overkill with smiley faces but those are smiles on my face. I am HAPPY! =o) Can you tell?? hahaha... Hope you can find solutions to your challenges too! Take good care.


No comments:

Post a Comment