06 December, 2010

Day After

Am really happy today... For one all the Fifth Ray's runners ran really well at the marathon yesterday! They were all excitedly exchanging their race experiences with each other last night at our post run dinner. Every one was cheerful and chatty! (You should have heard them) hahaha ;op There was a point during dinner when I sat back to listened and looked at all of them I could not help but feel joy within my heart. Almost like a parent looking at how their 'children have grown and achieved their goals they had set out'. Am really proud of each and every one of them for taking on the challenge and maintaining their tenacity to the finishing line! Well done, runners!

Second, am actually surprised at myself for completing the race. Hahaha... I had sustained a calf injury 12 weeks ago and I could not get back to regular training until 6 weeks ago. For a number of training runs I had to stop short of the planned distance. I knew I could run the distance but I can only manage it at a much slower pace than I would desire. I've not been able to pick up my pace since the injury as it will place a strain on my calf. I have been very cautious not to place undue strain on my calf too. I am always for running pain free and be able to run for many years to come =0) Hence, I actually went into the race prepared that I may have to bill out half way if I feel my calf being strained. I always feel no race is worth putting myself on the sidelines for months on end.

To my surprise, my calf was slightly tight but Pain free. I was really comfortable throughout the run and felt like i could pick up pace. I tried to pick up pace a few times but backed down as my calf tightened more. I did not want to strain it again and be put out of action. Considering the circumstance, i thought I ran fairly well! Hahaha... I think I surprised all the Fifth Ray runners too as I have been training with them and I've not been able to run so comfortably as I did yesterday for quite a while. I had fun running with all the Fifth Ray runners and experienced the challenge with them - Running the journey with them =0)

For all who ran congratulations! Well Done! Rest well and have a good recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment