27 July, 2011

Difficulties with Change - Part I

My sincere apologies for the LOOOOONNNGGGG silence! I have been really busy with our latest addition to the Fifth Ray family. Fifth Ray @ Newton! It is a full facilities gym with numerous group classes. Do come check us out at 55 Newton Road, #05-02, if you have the time.

The past four months have been a huge learning curve as with anything new I decide to embark on. A real eye-opener! Well... I am a huge believer that only with challenges will I learn and grow. As a wise man once said, 'Welcome adversity' ~ Sai Baba.

With our new center, the administrative and physical changes of the center have been the easiest. The most difficult has been that of human emotions. I have had the opportunity to observe how very contented people are in their comfort zones. They don't seem to have any ambition for change or to better themselves. They seem most happy within the confines of the 'world' they so perceive.

It is also amazing how attached people can be to an idea or something or even someone. Any actions of change would result in a huge uproar of negative reactions. I use the word reaction instead of response because the attachment has developed into an unhealthy fixation. Almost like a baby being ripped from his/her mother's bosom.

Change seems to have such negative connotation. People do not take kindly to changes. I find it really interesting why people lose the clarity of mind when faced with changes. Why do people not give change a chance? I often teach the children in my classes that they must always try something new at least once, how can they decide if they like it or not if they don't? They never know until they give it a fair 'trial'. After trying, should they decide that they do like it, that is great and now they know. And if they don't, then move on and hold no ill feelings.

In life, we must always be objective and give everything or everyone a fair 'trial'. It is about looking and seeing things with a pair of fresh eyes each time - not one of prejudice or bias.

"Always in Motion is the Future" - Yoda

Tune in for Part II...

No comments:

Post a Comment